Thursday, October 6, 2011

iRequiem For An iDream

Requiem: A song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person

Dream: Something which Steve Jobs redefined (without going to sleep)

There is something in the title of this blog, I hope which most of you might have understood. "i" is no longer just a letter. "i" is no longer in capitals. "i" is iPhone, "i" is iPod, "i" is iMac. "i" is Steve Jobs.

Steve Jobs retired from Earth on October 5, 2011. I was shocked at 7am today (6 Oct.) when I saw in the headlines that Jobs quits Earth. Though I am neither any "i"-product user, but as many laymen, I have always been fascinated by them. It isn't that smooth scrolling of the iPhone, that touches your heart. It is the background of a two-time cancer patient's impatience towards innovation that steals the heartbeat. To idealize innovation is good and necessary, but to put innovation in practice is difficult. But DIFFICULT wasn't the word in Jobs iDictionary. He was a man with DIFFerent CULT.

As usual but with a heavy heart, I posted a tribute to Jobs in my ScientiFreak SMS channel. I was really sorry. I became much sorry when some messages reverted as "Who was he?", "Oh :(. Who is he?" It isn't just the ignorance of people. One cannot expect each common man having knowledge about such CEOs or Chairman. But then....Nothing.

Steve Jobs was admired widely for his extreme determination in fighting the cancer battle, twice (Liver and Pancreas). But what I liked the most of him was the innovation. You may have instances of numerous people who might have fought cancer with zeal, but Jobs wasn't one of them. He innovated till his death by placing an iPhone 4S in market. Many people will add that as a product gimmick or whatever, but I say, that "iPhone 4S" means an "iPhone 4Steve".

Apple's product are probably the most expensive consumer products (I have a dream to own a MacBook just because it is priced at >= 1 Lacs :) Wish me luck!) But the second you just see them (not even touching it), you will feel the ambiance of creation. You feel the aroma of a continuous dying spirit which may not be seen henceforth.

It isn't that only Apple has lost him. The entire Orange has also lost him. (Orange as described for the shape of Earth)

Well, who am i (should I write I or "i") to tribute such a great soul? No one pays a tribute to him. But yes, the coming years will hear a ring of a faint echo of Steve in the field of IT and Computers, when a force of invention will be felt to be at rest.

My quote for Steve:
"Steve Jobs hasn't died. He has just innovated himself from his ailing body to a cleaner and greater soul!"

R.i.P Jobs

Offlining

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment