Saturday, May 19, 2012

Driving The Last Nail Into The Coffin: The End of Engineering

Hello Readers,

Though the results aren't out yet and I have just finished my written exams of engineering., I am in a certain hope that I will be an engineer (an official one!) within few months. Isn't that great? (Don't answer. It is rhetorical!) Rather than a story, this "four-year-sentence" was allegorical. Converted humans to dumb animals which were re-converted into inanimated ones. In a "nuts""hell", you don't come to a conclusion. You just end up sighing with a marksheet in hand and a typical student smile on face.

The world like to live in fool's paradise. And only the fools can think that there is a paradise or hell. Well, it always has been a controversial topic. The thing I would like to discuss is the short-term-nostalgia which the students feel while leaving their college. Short term because in this era of fast transport, ultra fast virtual devices and a steep drop of human emotions, one cannot remain nostalgic longer than a few hours (few seconds cannot be an exaggeration!). But that's the truth. You love your college? Yes we do. Why? Because we had some best friends of our lives. What makes them the best? Their nature, their behavior, their help, etc. List is as long as the scam list of UPA government. College is not just for fun, dudes (I personally don't like using that word), it is a shape changing or a path guiding device. I am not going to talk about the idealistic "ejj-you-kay-shun", I just wanna say that for >90% of students, college is no big deal other than making friends having a merry time, making GFs/BFs (use where appropriate), applying for jobs, exams and all that shit! (I personally find this word very nice!)

So what's new? I say, NOTHING. People are repeating their school days games. They have just gained expertise in it. I see a very narrow mind set street leading to a very big multi-lane highway of escapism. Haaah! (Idiotic. Must be your first word.) Let me explain it.

When you enter a college, you are to be carved into a superior human being (just in thoughts and actions and good behavior, of course). I don't think that any god blessed parent should expect such things from college teachers. For the record, T-E-A-C-H-E-R-S and C-H-E-A-T-E-R-S set a perfect anagram  of each others. So, you need to rely on your surroundings. But who the hell is interested? In my college days, even I have suffered of this marijuana named friendship, which has given me superb merry time experiences. But it just taught me one thing. Every man, for himself. It's idiotic. All the time, canteens are filled with hullabaloo and jesting around. Continuous use of "F" word, doesn't give you an "A" in your column of power.

In this damned country named India, you just need to scream your tonsils out for work getting done. Add to the woes, your teachers act like a raging bull in china shop. I wish I could...Guess work up to you. As far as I have met my counterparts, they have always gained a step-mother behavior from that blood-sucking college. There should be Anti-Ragging committee against teachers too. Why not? Aren't the splicing your brain out?

But you know what, just like a scrap-valued Hindi movie, we have friends. That word has lost its meaning. Facebook is the new medium. The word "Friends" and "Friend Circle" has become a status symbol (must be surprised as since when students have status, na? Facebook status, is what I am talking! :P ). There is actually an unproductive criminal wastage of time in college. Especially in India, much precisely in Gujarat and accurately in all colleges. Motto has become: Eat, Shit (Sheet for Civil and Mech students!) and Die! That's all. You don't get knowledge from anywhere. Isn't it strange? Friends have become a word and a part of life which hurtle us into the chasm of escapism. In my mind, the image of a friend has just reduced to a Bollywood chocolaty boy or a bubbly girl, who remains good for nothing throughout but just gives you an unnecessary teeth showing exercise (P.S. Smile and Laugh are very pure words. They don't provide it). Then what's the big point in having 3 friends or 300 friends? Western culture has given enough importance and sanctity to friendship, unlike ours. We can't even copy right. Copyright or copy right? :P

Sometimes I get so much frustrated when my questions go unanswered, that I wish to hang all the professors to partial death. There is a trick in partial death idea. They feel the pain and then live further to revive it continuously in their mind. (Tarantino might make a movie on this, I guess!). Truth is that nowadays, college has reduced to a filmy style fun making site, where our money is wasted, teachers behave as devils, friends just enjoy and depart and at the end of the time, you are reduced to a nonsense nostalgic chap who has obtained nothing considerable than all the above garbage.

Maybe several more lines might get added here. But for time being I am stopping myself here.

And as for movie info, go for "The Avengers". It's a no-brainer but you just need to appreciate that even though Indians are considered laborious, real work in field (here in SFX, VFX and GFX of movie), western people are light years ahead of us....

Signing off

*Dump*

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. There is a great new thought in this. Quite new. Keep it up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I esp liked d anagram of teacher n cheater one...n about the friends part i think u r quite rite...frnds too hav lost their meanings...i bet half of my frnds r not gonna rememeber me in these 6 months to come...n about d partial death...our professors deserve it...keep posting...

    ReplyDelete