Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Lot Can Happen Over A Coffee (Only If You Like)!

Dear Lettori,

As I am out of business nowadays (I have given the exams of my final year engineering and I don't want to be in any business for some time either), you might get this absurdum dose of my idle mind. In recent times, paper has gone costly for scribbling whereas entire Internet is offering free space like SRK offering costly liquors in his sponsored IPL parties. He doesn't know what he is doing, though people say he is an excellent marketeer. Same here and there. Well, as he has won (or fixed his winning and whining over MCA officials) so people will close the case.

The world is so interconnected that sometimes I doubt whether the Internet really does something. When Modi does something, entire media (of far western Honolulu too!) start jumping over various opinions, pros and cons. I recall a theory named Butterfly Effect, which I won't discuss here. Few people have told me that when you write a blog you should be aware that you shouldn't waste free space. I am still confused. Does virtual space really matter? Where were we? Yeah, we are interconnected. Just like Captain Aldo Raine and Shoshanna Dreyfus of "Inglorious Basterds". Hahaha...

Now few days back, when the virtual world was all full with the anti-price hike of the black gold. When the petrol pumps were overflowing like the lavatories of Dharavi (here too, there were cries of "Jaldi bhar" instead of "Jaldi kar"!), when the news channels were pseudo-brooding with their so-called "all time free" unknown(!) intellectuals and politicians instrumented with a wireless mic (creating an illusion that this Third World King country is hi-tech), there was an entire young generation in a very unoriginal, peaceful ambiance where no one was going to hear them. They were at the CAFÉ.

I was actually rolling over the road with my natural wheels, when I just oversaw a bunch of young people in a nearby café. All were of age groups of later 20s and early 25s. A narrow gap which just interested me. Normally, I don't take coffee and that day too, I didn't have one. Entering the café, the waiter welcomed me with a smile of American and warmth of an Indian boss. I was more comforted than what my boss would have done. But I took a chair and asked for a juice. Initially, I tried to over hear their conversation but I couldn't make it out. They were busy discussing the English songs and  transferring them via their cell phones. iPhone is so cheap nowadays that Jobs must be fuming in heaven. So goes the story.

One girl from the group, with an unscrupulous attire (maybe to impress people that she belonged to either NID or IIM or equivalent intellectual society present in Ahem..Ahem...da...Bad!) stood up for order and an equivalently unscrupulous boy stood up too. I see, women are most protected in India. Just leaving and paying the bill, I was just going to take the bill when the boy said, "Isn't this reedeekyulous? Pay-troll prizes are going upsie and downsie everytime. Aam to kemnu chalvanu?" Now see the spellings above are meant to be spoken in the way they are written. English still doesn't exist and hence exits from many part of the Indian sub-continent. But the American accent is awful. Kidding aside, the girl replied, "Eaah(!?!?!), God known kyaare khatam thashe aa badhu." I was tempted to ask them something. As I said previously, I am unemployed-by-choice nowadays, so I can pass time as much as I like. I again sat down with a mineral water bottle. (Coffee and juices are almost Rs 80-100. What am I gonna do for petrol then? :P ). They kept jabbering. "Sonia ane Manmohan are stupid. Rahul is naaeeece. Youth power chhe ena ma. Modi ma pan chhe pan e center ma naa aavi shake." (Translation: It means the usual!). I asked them, "Sorry for the interruption, guys." and I was faced like a criminal against Interpol. I got it. English. So I started, "Sorry dude, (That brought a smile on that boy's face) pan tamne nathi lagtu k kharekhar petrol ni jagyae koik alternate shodhvu joie?" (Translation: Don't you think that we should use some alternate other than petrol?). The girl shook her head so enthusiastically that I was well confirmed that she was going to be the next Ford of green cars. The answer, "Eaah. Aapne diesel cars vaaparvi joie. Plus aapne helium cars pan vaapri shakaay." And I greeted them, "Very correct (!)" Smiled and got away.

When people enter the café, they get a image that they will be portrayed as a bunch of intellectuals to the other mass. India is suffering from a mass difference that they are class. The confusion is just the same which you felt in getting the last line. A thick rimmed glass, rudraksh mala or the substitues, kurti and jeans and for boys Tarzan type beards and all that won't make them "een-tail-actuals". They don't know what they are talking about. They just start the conversation and keep misguiding each others.

Our teachers used to tell us that we should talk in English, no matter how much right or wrong we get with the grammar. This doesn't apply to facts and actions. They have an impact. Reprimanding a step, with a view to get in the pseudo-class mass can be precarious. This may not effect if they have a group, similar to themselves. But if ever, they encounter a really knowledgeable person, their souls and lives will run out of their bodies. My question is that is it really necessary to have half-knowledge than some less perfect one?

Maybe a next rendezvous with another group at the "café" might give me the answer! ;)

P.S.: "Kahaani" fame Khan aka Nawazuddin Sidduiqui won the Best Actor award at the Cannes. But we were too busy in making an uproar over Aish's weight or Mallika's next wardrobe malfunction at the Cannes. We are weird but are being made more, as if this was less... ;)

Signing off

*Dump*

1 comment:

  1. ohhh quite right...instead of these discussions people should actually do something....the youth just enjoy the chat and listen to hard core music and try to run away from his or her duties....i just love the examples...n d accent was funny...nice ending....u r getting way better....lookin fwd for more....

    ReplyDelete